Summer is almost here! Time to have adventures, make memories, and tell more stories!
And I'm not just talkin' about the children. Sound like too much work? C'mon, folks, play! Blow bubbles in the backyard, take a walk around a local park or children's section of the library, watch a sunset and talk about it, mix ice cream flavors in a big bowl, play a game, read a book together, laugh as loudly as you can for absolutely no reason, make up a silly story,...create memories that will last beyond the summer and into a lifetime of joy.
THANKS TO THE COLUMBUS (OHIO) METROPOLITAN LIBRARY SYSTEM, I'LL BE SHARING STORIES FOR THE 2013 SUMMER READING CLUB AT THE FOLLOWING LIBRARY BRANCHES:
- 11th - 10 AM Shepard Branch; 2 PM Northern Lights Branch
- 12th - 2 PM Martin Luther King Jr. Branch
- 13th - 6:30 PM Karl Road Branch
- 1st - 2 PM Livingston Branch
- 3rd - 2 PM Driving Park Branch
- 16th - 2 PM Dublin Branch
- 17th - 2:30 PM Northside Branch
- 18th - 7 PM Hilliard Branch
AFFRILACHIAN TALES IS AVAILABLE FROM PARKHURST BROTHERS PUBLISHING, INC.! Go to:
and (YAY! and thanks!!!), the book got a mention from stellar librarian Keisha Jenkins Gibbs in a segment about the Columbus Metropolitan Library's Black History Month programming and history-gathering initiative on a local TV program! You can watch this segment at